Basic Information for Overseas Patients
Our hospital is a Regional Medical Care Support Hospital which provides highly specialized medical services for patients in acute stage.
Therefore, those who wish to visit us need both a referral letter from a clinic and an appointment in advance.
If you do not have an appointment nor require emergency treatment, please visit a local clinic first.
Please note the following points before seeing our doctor.
- Please show your Japanese Health Insurance Card and Residence Card at the window.
If you do not have either of them, a valid photo ID such as passport is required.
- If you have any religious concerns or requests regarding medical treatment,
please let us know in advance.
- Appointment is also required for Return-Visit.
Treatment and Doctor’s briefing
- Waiting time may get longer depending on your condition or medical treatment.
- The doctor explains your disease state, courses of treatment or surgery, etc.
during office hours, Monday – Friday.
- Avoid leaving your seat, answering the phone, drinking or eating during the doctor’s briefing.
- Medical translation device is available in 19 languages.
- Your personal interpreter can accompany you, however, we are not accountable for disadvantages such as misinterpretation.
- Outpatient prescription is basically for the pharmacies outside of the hospital. Please get your prescription filled at the nearby pharmacy.
- The prescription is valid only for 4 days including the date of issue.
- Patient is responsible for the medical expenses in full. Please pay in Japanese Yen (JPY).
- Payment by credit card is also available. (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, DINERS, etc.)
- If you carry an insurance policy abroad, please finish your payment at our hospital first, then claim a refund to the insurance company later.
- If you are on active duty or a family member of the active-duty service member, please let us know at the window.
- Medical expenses for hospitalization / outpatient departments can be estimated. Please ask at the window if you need an estimate in advance. Please note that the actual bill may be different from the estimates.
- After payment, a receipt in English, Chinese or Korean is available during office hours, Monday-Friday. It costs 1,100 yen per sheet including tax.
Medical Administration Division
Sasebo City General Hospital